Thursday, July 7, 2011

And so I've Returned...

The hubby and I went on vacation to PEI with his family. It was 2 weeks of camping and touring, which meant a lot of driving and not enough sleep! But, all in all it wasn't too bad. The trip definitely had its moments! I did go a little crazy with the picture taking though.... 4,000 pictures kind of crazy! lol So now I'm spending a lot of time going through the photos and deleting ones that didn't turn out so great (expected when you're snapping shots through dirty windows in a moving vehicle!), taking some artistic liberties with scenery shots, and doing minor touch ups on the ones that were pretty good. I've been changing my desktop background to pictures of the beaches and mountainous landscapes we saw along the way... oh, how I miss it already! So, in a few years we will be going back! I think the next trip will involve me doing my editing on the road though!

Here are a couple shots I was playing around with. I did a few minor touch ups and then adjusted the colour settings for a muted look.

2 comments:

  1. what do you use to mess with all of the pictures? what program, that is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm using Adobe Photoshop CS3 and a Nikon D70 camera which takes the pictures in both jpg and raw format. The raw format allows me to do more in Photoshop, like playing around with exposure and white balance. :)

    ReplyDelete