Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Busy as a Bee!

Despite working evening/night shifts and being able to sleep in anyway, I had forgotten what it was like to really enjoy sleeping in! Well, except for the weird dreams about vampires trying to eat me! Anyway, I had a fairly productive day while still maintaining a bit of laziness. I started and finished 2 digital pieces which will be available in my studio shop soon. The first was more of a happy accident while playing around with different brushes and filters to get a background layer. The second was actually inspired by a pair of earrings I recently purchased. No pics of the earrings yet, but I will revisit this post later to show you all how I was inspired. That is, afterall, the general concept of this blog! lol But for now, here are the 2 (watermarked) pieces!



The question of the day was what to have for dinner (as it is so often in my house!) and after much deliberation, I decided to head to the store and look for inspiration. After wandering around looking up and down the aisles, I found a package of potato gnocchi. I don't think I've ever had gnocchi before, so I thought I would try it with a little Vodka sauce and served up next to a nice Caesar salad and some stuffed chicken balls. Oh! Soooo GOOD! While the meal itself isn't all that inspired since it was mostly pre-packaged, it did inspire me to try and make gnocchi from scratch! Well, maybe not anytime in the very near future, but soon! I've seen it made on one of the cooking segments from one of the many shows I watch and it doesn't seem like it would really be that difficult to make. Just maybe a little tricky to get the right texture. So we will definitely have to try that out and post all about it! Overall, not a bad day today!

No comments:

Post a Comment